We made Sorrento our base but found limited night life. Positano was more Vibrant and lively towards the evening so you could consider that as a base.
3. Cinque Terre (picture book town)
Vatican City needs a whole day. Cause its just beautiful with an amazing vibe.
The tickets should include the Roman forum that is in the same ground.
2. Spanish Steps – No Tickets required and one should check time for Sunset. Go before sunset and stay till after as it’s a very vibrant place and the vibe changes as the evening progresses. Then you can walk around and grab a bite to eat at the many cafes.
3. Pantheon : No tickets required. This is also better towards the evening you can sit here and watch the world go by.
5. Fontana De Trevi – Beautiful Fountain with lovely cobbled streets around it and lovely Cafes.
I Suggest finding a hotel around the Fontana De Trevi.
Intercity Trains to be booked on – http://bit.ly/22OcSZ6
I found this blog/website on train travel in Europe. It was really helpful. http://www.seat61.com/
Sorrento : Took a train to Naples from Naples took the local train to Sorrento. The Pompeii Ruins are on the way.
A taxi can be taken directly from Rome or you can take the train to Naples and then get a prepaid cab to take you to your hotel in either Sorrento or Naples.
Sorrento we stayed at http://bit.ly/1RWLL6h
From Sorrento we Visited –
There is no real beach in Sorrento but there are these small areas down in the city center where you can pay and they give you Sunbeds and access to the sea.
3. Duomo – Can buy tickets online.
You can also visit the Piazza Del Marcato -It is a fresh Produce Market Downstairs and like an Extensive food court upstairs. http://www.mercatocentrale.it/en/
La bottega Del Gelato, Piazza Garibaldi, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy. Amalfi Coast Mobility Bus. For moving around Positano.